Saturday, August 4, 2007

Off to MSA


That's the Mycological Society of America, of course. Not the Mineralogical Society of America, nor the Company that sells firefighting gear. Nor any of many other MSAs.
Next week is the Annual Meeting of the Mycological Society of America, which is in Baton Rouge, LA. The foray (mushroom hunting field trip) is tomorrow, but I'll be collecting bugs again. It's the 75th anniversary of the founding of the MSA, so that's exciting if you're some type of super-duper nerd who cares about fungi and important anniversary numbers which are divisible by 3, 5, 15, and 25. Of course, I don't expect to see any of the original members, so that's also notable.
But it will be some good myco-nerd fun, for sure. I look forward to geeking out with some of my far flung fungo-homies. And I'm giving a talk and a poster about some stuff I did in South Africa, involving the fungus that produces that lovely conidiophore seen above.
Perhaps I'll fill in as I go, perhaps I'll chat up this very blog. Who knows...

Okay, I must finish writing my talk... I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Djibo!

If only I had read your blog before attending the MSA meeting. I looked everywhere for you but couldn't find you. Now I know it's because I was at the Morons, Stupid of America meeting. You missed a hell of confusing keynote address....

Mike (dit Omarou)