Thursday, August 9, 2007

MSA meeting notes

Hi ho,
Just got back from Baton Rouge, where it was very hot and sticky. Gave my talk, and presented my poster, which were OK.
It was good to see a lot of folks, and make some new myco-friends as well. I didn't go to too many talks, as I was yakking with folks, catching up, etc. But I did see a few really interesting talks on things like the fungi that inhabit sand on the beaches of Mexico and Cuba, slime molds of Hawai'i,
giant sporocarps of AM fungi, yeasts that live in the guts of beetles that live in mushrooms (fungus within insect within fungus!), fungi that live in midwestern prairies, and in the high alpine Rockies. Fungi from Ethiopia, and Switzerland, and Polynesia, and the Caribbean, and Civil War battlefields, etc, etc, etc.

I found out there is a mycologist at 'Bama, but there are more at Auburn! Boo yaa!

No comments: