Wednesday, December 24, 2008

An update, I'm still around, and Best Christmas Wishes

I've been traveling, and I'm back in the US of A, and I have been out and about in ol' Alabama, but now I'm celebrating Xmas with the in-laws out west.
I did get a chance to play around with the new Wii game, Mushroom Men: Spore Wars. What can I tell you? I'm not a big gamer geek, but I did have fun trying it out. There's a lot of fun fungal references in the game, although the protagonist, Pax, is supposed to be a bolete but he has gills. When he gets abused by the vicissitudes of life, bits of his mutated brain are exposed through his cap, which he can then regenerate by consuming special spores. Also, another type of spore is sprinkled on other objects, which Pax can move by 'sporokinesis'.
Hopefully, I'll get through more of this game when I get back to my friend's house. I confess to the lame act of giving someone a gift with the intention of using the gift, since I don't have a Wii, myself. For now, Merry Christmas! Hope you find some fungal gifts under the trees of the forest!

No comments: